Total Pageviews

Tuesday 3 November 2015

November Summary and Future Plans

Dear Readers,

Today I plan on asking your advice, as well as giving a brief summary of what I have been up to.  Apologies in advance for the repitition of the word 'blog' throughout this post - I have this word on my mind a lot at the moment :)

October wasn't the best month for me.  I didn't get to post very much and I have felt a bit out-of-sorts.  I went back to Uni, had to deal with my husband's illness, and I also had a busy period at work with new learners.

I have just had a weekend break away with the family, away from technology, and I have thought a lot about blogging and what's next for me.  A few month's ago I did some soul-searching as I was worried that my blog wasn't very specific and that my niche wasn't specific enough.

I find I want to use my blog for anything and everything - I have so many ideas.  I want a family and lifestyle orientated blog but I also want to post on health and being a carer.  Other than this I would also like a business site as I want to expand my business offering English Tuition, Creative Writing Coaching, and Marketing.  I would also like to post on writing and blogging itself.  As I would like to eventually complete a PhD, I would also like to have an academic gothic literature blog.

Rather than dwelling on all of these factors I think it might be best to have a couple of blogs that focus on specific areas.

This is were I need your help and advice, my readers and fellow bloggers, I wondered if any of you have more than one blog, and for what purpose?  What do you use the different blogs for? Do you think blogs are better if they focus specifically on something rather than being a mish-mash of everything?

I was thinking that I could have a personal blog that incorporated the family lifestyle, and help.  I then thought that I could have a business page which could incorporate the posts on writing and blogging.  Finally, I could then begin a Gothic style blog that incorporates my own creative work, academia and research, and then maybe Gothic style too - fashion, furniture, art, TV and lit reviews, etc...

Do you think three would be too much?  I don't think the business page would be once it was set up as I could just post short posts, maybe once per week.

I would appreciate your advice, guys!

So... What's been going on with me personally? 

I know I also went through a stage when I posted my weight loss too and I started off at 15stone 8lbs, and now I am currently 14stone 12lb, which means I have lost around 10lbs in total.  I am happy with this - I have been losing a 1lb per week but I haven't been giving as much time to exercise as I was initially.  Hopefully I can build my focus as I get my life back in order.

As you know (if you follow my blog), I was also completing some online courses with Futurelearn.  I'm afraid I took on far too much here as I currently have four courses, and I am three weeks behind.

I completed the Introduction to Journalism, and this was a really useful course.

This week I plan to catch up and complete:

  1. Corpus Linguistics 
  2. Digital Marketing
  3. Developing a Research Project
This means I will then only have a few weeks of the Hans Christian Andersen course to complete.  At that point  I think I will give myself a break as I need to commit more time to Uni work and getting my blog in order.  


I have also became an admin and blogger for a Uni student blog, which is taking some getting used to.

What have you been up to for the last week?  Have you completed any courses, or maybe you have guest posted for another blog?  Paste a comment with your link and I will check it out!

Laters, Janet :)


1 comment:

  1. i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346










    i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

    ReplyDelete